Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Formal Linear


 This is called Formal Linear
Of German Origin. they are true hybrid in mass designs that comprise both Oriental Linearity and European mass. They are referred to as "High style designs"

 A closer look at these beautiful Petals. I cut  them off a tree just outside our classroom.. I just wish I could remember what it was called. In fact everything here is from the outside except the broom greens in the background.
Here is another item( the brown "dead" bark) that I found in the garden just lying there. So I thought it would be nice to have in the arrangement

This container was found in the classroom it was an ugly shiny orange. I just HAD to use the container and spray it this wonderful Gold
Formal linear designs are clearly defined lines and angles which you would use unusual material forms. Showcasing distinctive materials , strong lines and interesting shapes
Side View
The Clean distinct lines created with the floral materials may be straight and or curved and the straight lines maybe vertical horizontal and or diagonal. These strong lines should create a feeling of movement and should converge in the center.
What I am finding out is I love "LESS is MORE" and I love working with color making sure that it complements each-other. Not a miss match of stuff. I love simple but I do need to refrain not using ALL of what the teacher gives us. In fact the only thing I used that the teacher gave us was the greens. Everything else I found outside. I even shoveled up some small rocks with my hands and placed them in the container.
Thanks for stopping by.
What I learned is Less is more and I love this style!

No comments:

Post a Comment